UPDATE on Dec. 31st: Congregational attendance in the sanctuary on Sundays is temporarily suspended in light of the rapidly spreading COVID variant. Only staff and worship leaders will be permitted in the building for everyone’s safety. So please join us online at 10:30am for our regularly livestreamed service. We hope you have a safe and Happy New Year!
Latest Update: December 16, 2021
We are excited to be gradually returning to our church campus for in-person services and group activities. Our COVID-19 Steering Committee has been working hard to ensure our services and activities are safe and accessible. We’ve adopted the following policies and practices based on UUA Guidelines, County Health Data, and input from neighboring congregations.
- Masks are required on campus, both inside and out, until future notice. Extra masks are available in the church office.
- We expect that anyone entering the sanctuary or participating in church activities will be vaccinated unless there is a medical reason not to be.
- Our Sunday morning service is at 10:30am and only adults and youths who are vaccinated are permitted to attend. Registration is currently required in addition to providing vaccination documentation to the church office. RSVP here.
- A limited number of socially-distanced seats will be made available in the sanctuary and overflow seats will be provided in Forbes Hall. The service may be viewed remotely in Forbes Hall.
- Congregational singing is prohibited while in the building. Members and friends may hum along with hymns during the service.
- All windows in the sanctuary and the glass doors in Forbes Hall will be open to provide optimal air flow and ventilation in the church. Please dress for the weather as it can be quite drafty and chilly in the church building.
- Our Sunday morning service is streamed on Facebook and YouTube to ensure accessibility for all.
- We are not presently printing Orders of Service. Hymn lyrics are displayed online.
- The sanctuary is thoroughly cleaned before services.
- Instead of passing a collection plate, a QR code is posted to assist in making an electronic donation. We also have a box for cash and check donations in the back of the Sanctuary.
- Following Sunday morning services, members and friends are invited to immediately exit to the courtyard and garden next to the Sanctuary and Forbes Hall to avoid too many people gathering indoors during our social time.
- Coffee and food will not be served following the service until it is safe to do so.
For questions on COVID Safety Policies and Practices please email email@example.com.