The Unitarian Universalist Community Church of Santa Monica respects the privacy of its members and website users.
- Website registration information will be used only for matters relating to this website.
- The site stores only the usernames, email addresses, and names of people who have Member-level accounts. No church membership-related data is collected or stored by this website.
- We do not sell or distribute users' information to any outside parties.
- This website does not collect or store credit card or any other financial information.
- All financial transactions are conducted through our secure payment system at Vanco.com, and all donation links on this website connect securely to that service.
- Information displayed in the Members section of this website will be visible only to users with church-member-level access. Names of registered website users will be checked against current rosters of church members to determine eligibility for member-level access.
- Search engines do not have access to information in the Members area of this website.
- Personal addresses, phone numbers and other sensitive information will not be displayed outside the Members area of this website.
- Photos of children under age 18 will not be labeled with children's names without express written permission of the child's parents or legal guardian.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://uusm.org/.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
This site uses forms to submit inquiries about various UUSM groups and activities. Data from the forms will be collected, but is shared only with UUSM staff and those managing the various groups and activities related to the inquiry. Inquiry forms include check boxes to opt in to our mailing list and membership information, but no one is added to those lists without specifically opting in.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me," your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
The pop-up form that allows users to subscribe to our weekly Announcements email sets a cookie to make sure users see the form no more than once every five days.
And, finally, we also use a service that helps us comply with state and international requirements for cookies and data collection. This service allows you to set your preferences for which kinds of cookies you allow and which you don't, and provides a cookie to set the duration of your preferences. The default setting for the duration of your cookie preferences is one month.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell user data to any outside organization, and cookie data is shared only with services that help manage those cookies or embedded content from other sites (see information about both, above). If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To request data or the removal of data, please email both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.