Changes will begin to the Sunday Worship Service schedule beginning Sunday, June 27, and continue until September. Here is a breakdown. More details will be announced as they become available.
Sunday, June 27
- Our UUSantaMonica Facebook page, our UUSantaMonica YouTube channel, and uusm.org will provide a Sunday Worship livestream at 10 to 11 am as has been done for the past 15 months, but it will be a stream of the recorded UUA General Assembly Sunday Worship Service from the First Universalist Church of Minnesota. See our June 2021 Worship Services article and the uua.org/ga website for more information.
- The worship service will be followed by the regular UUSM Zoom Coffee Hour at 11 am to 12 noon. The link can be found in our Facebook UUSM Group (you must be a member of the group) or email ZoomCoffee@uusm.org.
- The Zoom Coffee Hour will be followed at 12 noon to 2 pm by a Facebook, YouTube, and uusm.org livestream of the UUSM Annual Church Meeting. Agenda highlights —
- President’s, Treasurer’s, and Minister’s reports
- Results of the election of officers and board members, nominating committee members, and voting on three ballot issues:
- Approval of 2020 Annual Meeting minutes
- Approval of 2021-2022 Budget
- Approval of spending for foundation repair of the Arizona Ave. entrance to Forbes Hall
- Remembrance of church members and friends who have passed during the past year
- Acknowledgements of church members who have helped carry us through the past difficult year.
Sunday, July 4 – Sunday, August 29
- In order to give our amazing Sunday Worship Service production team a much needed break, UUSM is delighted to participate in the UU Greater LA Ministry (GLAM) Virtual SUUmmer Road Trip that will meet each Sunday at 10:30 to 11:30 am in a common Zoom room. This link is still coming but will be the same every week. Each week, a different UU minister from around the local area will lead the service. See the flyer below.
- July 4 – Emerson UU – Rev. Matthew McHale
- July 11 – Neighborhood UU – Rev. Matt Meyer, Director of Religious Education
- July 18 – UU Santa Clarita – Rev. Megan Visser
- July 25 – Throop UU – Rev. Tera Klein
- August 1 – UU Santa Monica – Rev. Kikanza Nuri-Robins
- August 8 – Neighborhood UU – Rev. Teresa Cooley
- August 15 – UU Studio City – Rev. Hannah Petrie
- August 22 – UU Verdugo Hills – Rev. KC Slack
- August 29 – UU Santa Monica – Rev. Jeremiah Kalendae
- After each service, in the “coffee break-out rooms” hosted by the assigned congregation, we will have the opportunity to get to know members from other congregations. There will be no separate UUSM Zoom Coffee Hour.
Sunday, September 5
September will bring the beginning of a new schedule with plans still in development for a careful return to in-person and hybrid services for those who are not local or need to continue to be socially distant. More information on those plans will come later in the summer.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.829.5436. CLICK HERE to add yourself to the Thursday Announcements Members & Friends email list. Check the uusm.org and news.uusm.org websites regularly for updates. Email email@example.com for answers and to be put a list to be sent the Zoom link every week.