The UUSM Board of Directors has committed that we will do all we can to fulfill our UUA’s #VoteLove pledge in November: we are fully committed to mobilizing the electorate and UUs in support of dignity and justice for all through our democratic process.
And we invite you to join us on Sunday, September 13 at 11:30 a.m. as we gather online to organize for the remaining weeks before the election.
Already ready to sign on? Join the Santa Monica UU the Vote Team today!
You don’t need to be told about the importance of the November election, or to mail back your ballot early. But you might be wondering what else can you do to move the needle on the election, and who are the people you can do it with?
Well right now, you can take the #VoteLove pledge to mobilize the electorate and UUs. It states our faith’s values, that we are unequivocally: Pro-Migrant, Pro-Democracy, Pro-Equity & Liberation Movements, Pro-Human & Civil Rights for All, Pro-Reparations, and Pro-Sustainability.
Then join UUSM as we:
- Act alongside advocates and issues that have direct and material impacts on the communities with which we have declared political solidarity.
- Get Out the Vote through phone banks, text banks, postcards, and voter registration drives.
- Have values-based conversations with our UU community and networks about our values and what we are voting for in 2020.
- Participate in learning and political education to responsibly and effectively engage and organize in anti-racist and pro-democracy movements.
- Share our resources with people and communities most deeply impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the decades-long campaign of voter suppression.
- Turn out with resources, time, and support to fight against authoritarianism and in support of communities of Color, poor people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and Trans and Queer people in our congregation and community following the election.
UUSMers are already phone banking, writing postcards, and working with civic and faith-based organizations like the League of Women Voters, Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice, and the UU Justice Ministry of California.
Now we’d like to invite you to join us as we plan to mobilize as a community in the precious remaining weeks before the election.
Please join us September 13 after the Sunday service at 11:30 am as we explore how we can all best #UUtheVote! RSVP here.
UUSM Board of Directors President